Christmas Crunch (Funfetti Popcorn Christmas Style)
Looks like I may be busy Christmas Eve night with some of these recipes I have found!
- 1/2 cup popping popcorn kernels, or 2 bags tender white popcorn
- 1 (12 oz) bag Vanilla Candy Melts (such as Wilton Candy Melts)
- 1 1/3 cups broken pretzel pieces
- 1 (12 oz) bag green and red Milk Chocolate or Mint M&Ms
- Red, green and white Sprinkles (I used Jingle Mix Nonpareils)
- Pop popcorn in a popcorn popper into a large bowl (or alternately in the microwave if using microwave bags of popcorn) according to manufactures directions. Remove any unpopped popcorn kernels. Toss in broken pretzel pieces and M&Ms.
- Melt Vanilla Candy Melts in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Drizzle half of melted chips over popcorn mixture, then stir, tossing gently a few times with a rubber spatula. Then drizzle remaining half of melted chips over popcorn, and gently stir mixture until evenly coated (don’t over stir though or your sprinkles wont stick if the white chips begin to set and harden). Pour mixture into a single layer onto wax paper. Sprinkle entire mixture evenly with sprinkles (as many as you’d like) before vanilla chips set. Allow to cool and harden, then gently break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Note: I was able to fill 8 – 9 1/2″x 4″ party treat bags about 2/3 full with this recipe, just to let you know so you have an idea for gift giving.
- *These can be found in the cake decorating section of some supermarkets, at craft stores or at specialty kitchen kneads stores.
- Recipe Source: Adapted from Bake at 350
Nancie, Haley d’Pug & Winston